village is located 9 km northeast to Strážnice, on the Velička River, 203
m above sea level.
The first written mention about the village comes from 1217 in the Deed
pursuant to which the Hungarian King Andreas II gave grave Thomae and his
heirs the area of Skalice between the Hungarian and Bohemian Kingdoms.
The house No. 52 with decorated porch and safeguarded layout from the end
of the 18th century is an important sightseeing of the village. Noticeable
is also the chapel of St. Wenceslas from 1928.
The painter Antoš Frolka (1877 - 1935), the co-temporary or brothers Uprka,
and the folk artist Rozka Falešníková (1900 – 1983) lived in the village.
Since 1990, the village has its own local self-government the struggle of
which is to create good conditions for the satisfied life of all the
inhabitants and to attract the visitors of the village by local cultural
and healthy environment.
Beginning of July – Football-tennis
end of July – Entertainment with a big-beat
end of September – St. Wenceslas Feast
prezentace obce Tasov