Czech English Deutsh
Turistické informační centrum Strážnicko
Mapa regionu v databázi LEADER+
Žeraviny
05-01-2008
 
 The village of Žeraviny is situated at the foot of the White Carpathians, about 7 km south of the town of Veselí nad Moravou. The first written report comes from 1447 when the settlement belonged to the estate of Ostroh and it was registered as the property of Mikuláš of Vojslavice. Dominat ing the village is the Chapel of St. Elisabeth, consecrated in 2001 whose construction was supported by the natives living in Canada. St. Elisabeth is patron of the village. Landmarks are a bell-tower from 1901 and a little Lady chapel. In the village, there can be found a grocery, football and volleyball sports grounds, a tennis court. The social and cultural events are held in the Community Centre. WWW prezentation of Žeraviny  
Tvarožná Lhota
05-01-2008
 
 The village is situated about 8 km southeast of Strážnice. Its beginnings date back to 1470. The functionalistic Church of St. Anne from 1933 is dominating this brook street village with a bell-tower in the middle. The village also administrates the holiday resort area Lučina with a dam and a camping place. Noteworthy is the lookout tower at the altitude 372 m above the village, on the Travičná hill. Annually held events: February – Shrovetide Carnival in masks beginning of March – Service-Tree Festival 1st May – May-pole Rising end of June – Opening of the Look-out Tower and the Sheep-Cot in Travičná end of July – St. Anna’s Feast in folk costumes beginning of September – Closing of the Look-out Tower and the Sheep-Cot in Travičná beginning of September – Festival on the Water, Lučina end of December – singing at the Christmas crib WWW prezentation of Tvarožná Lhota Info Portal www.tvar..
Tasov
05-01-2008
 
 The village is located 9 km northeast to Strážnice, on the Velička River, 203 m above sea level. The first written mention about the village comes from 1217 in the Deed pursuant to which the Hungarian King Andreas II gave grave Thomae and his heirs the area of Skalice between the Hungarian and Bohemian Kingdoms. The house No. 52 with decorated porch and safeguarded layout from the end of the 18th century is an important sightseeing of the village. Noticeable is also the chapel of St. Wenceslas from 1928. The painter Antoš Frolka (1877 - 1935), the co-temporary or brothers Uprka, and the folk artist Rozka Falešníková (1900 – 1983) lived in the village. Since 1990, the village has its own local self-government the struggle of which is to create good conditions for the satisfied life of all the inhabitants and to attract the visitors of the village by local cultural and healthy environment...
Sudoměřice
05-01-2008
 
 Squire Sudomír, the Lord of Horka, between 1260 and 1271, founded the village. The original Great Moravian settlement was situated at the Morávka river, at the locality called "Hrůdy". Here we can find some fortification remnants of this walled-in settlement. Not far from here, the remnants of a large settlement from the Late Stone Age (3000 years B.C.) were found. Other archaeological researches discovered deep storage pits for corn from the Late Bronze Age (1800 B.C..), a large Celtic settlement from the 3rd – 2nd century B.C.. and a German settlement from the Younger Roman Period (4th century A.D.). All those findings and especially a plenty of crocks substantiate this area had been settled continuously since the 3rd millennium B.C. to the 13th century A.D. and it represents one of the largest settlements within our area. Some traditional farmhouses, the so-called earthen houses from..
Strážnice
05-01-2008
 
 The town is mentioned as early as in 1086 as a rich marketplace guarded by a water castle. The town was surrounded by a fortification from which just the Veselská and Skalická Gates have remained. On the location of the former castle, a chateau with its large informal park and a valuable plane-tree alley extend now. Features are the large area of Piarists´ buildings with the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, the Church of St. Martin and the Chapel of St. Rocher. The Jewish Cemetery and the Synagogue substantiate the important Jewish community. The Museum of South-Eastern Moravia offers exhibitions on folk architecture from all over the region of Slovácko (Moravian Slovakia). The town is located in the Down Moravian Dale 177 m above sea level. An interesting natural area is the Morava River with its broken-down banks. The promontories of the White Carpathians reach the southeas..
Radějov
05-01-2008
 
   The village of Radějov is situated at the foot of the White Carpathians, in the valley of the Radějovka brook. It is the entrance gate into the biosphere reserve, which is well known for its rich flora and interesting fauna. It is located in a peaceful holiday resort area with wonderful nature and opportunities to swim, to walk or to ride a bike. It is possible to fish in the dams Mlýnky and Lučina. The lovers of hunting have can come into their own at the local deer enclosure while the mushroom-pickers can pick mushrooms in the neighbouring forests. There are many marked footpaths and cycle routes here. Dominating the village is the Roman Catholic Pseudo-Gothic Church of St. Cyril and Methodius built at the beginning of the 20th century. The cultural events are connected mainly with church feasts. The village has kept its folklore traditions. Annually held events: Easter Sunday –..
Petrov
05-01-2008
 
 The village of Petrov was originally a water stronghold. The first mention dates back to 1412. From the 16th century to 1987, the bath tradition based on a sulphur spring was keeping in the village. Noteworthy are a chapel with typical ornamental decoration, and a complex of original wine cellars – “Plže” – that was declared for the historical reserve of folk architecture. The village is located about 13 km from the town of Hodonín, along the motorway to Strážnice. The village is situated in the middle part of the Low Moravian Dal e. Unique are the local meadows that are remnants of a large complex of flooded meadows with characteristic flora and fauna. You can reach the village either on Moravian Wine Bike Paths or on the recently opened Bata-Canal. Annually held events: April – angling competition on Bata-Canal Easter Sunday – Wine exhibition May: Folklore Festival “Seniors” May: Compe..
Kozojídky
05-01-2008
 
 The wine-growing village of Kozojídky with 470 inhabitants is situated 3 km from the town of Strážnice. The village was founded probably at the end of the 15th century; the first written mention comes from 1490. The historical monuments are represented by old rustic houses and by the Chapel of St. Martin, consecrated in 1971. Many events are kept here: St. Martin’s Feast, Shrovetide carnival, annual exhibition of fruits and vegetable, wine tasting, distribution of presents on St. Nicolas’s Eve or Mother’s Day celebration.   Annually held events: February – Shrovetide Carnival Mid-November – St. Martin’s Feast September - Exhibition of fruits and vegetables   WWW prezentation of Kozojídky
Kněždub
05-01-2008
 
 The village of Kněždub (185 m above sea level) has 1100 inhabitants; It is located among orchards, fields and vineyards at the foot of the Šumárník Hill (398 m above sea level). The village was probably founded by the monastery of Velehrad in 1264. It is located about 5 km far from the town of Strážnice and about 10 km far from the town of Veselí nad Moravou. Dominating the village is the Pseudo-Gothic church of St. John the Baptist from 1898. Its unusually modern interior was painted by Vojmír Vokolek. Some picturesque buildings of folk architecture have been safeguarded in the village. The local regional artists – the painters Joža Úprka and Antoš Frolka as well as Joža´s brother Franta, the sculptor, were inspired with the beauty of local folk costumes. All the aforementioned famous natives are in peace at the local cemetery called "Slovácký Slavín - Pantheon of Moravian-Slovakia". An..
Hroznová Lhota
05-01-2008
 
 The village is situated at the foot of the White Carpathians, about 8 km far from Strážnice, 207 metres above sea level. The first written report about the village comes from 1371. The Church of St. John the Baptist from the 17th century was re-built in 1902 and between 1986 and 1989, its interior was largely reconstructed by Ludvík Kolek, the painter from Brno. Joža Úprka, the painter of Slovácko (Moravian-Slovakia), lived and worked in the v illage. His house was re-built according to the design of architect Dušan Jurkovič in 1904. In 1899, Josef Pavlica, the Mayor and provincial deputy was awarded the golden Cross of Merit. On this occasion, the linden alley, creating axis of the village was planted. It became „family silver" for our village and generations of the local inhabitants care for it and its future. Since 1993, as a Member of the Project for Country Renovation, the village h..
(c) Mikroregion Strážnicko 2007/2008